[BioC] Imitating Affy's own steps

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 12 14:24:04 CEST 2010

I won't answer you question, because I don't know the answer, but I'd
like to add that there are a few methods out there with the same
names/labels.   I don't know of many carefully done studies showing
that the are numerically or near-numerically reproducible.  If any
know of such, please share them here.  Though I recently discovered:

Christian Stratowa, Introduction to the xps Package: Comparison to
Affymetrix Power Tools (APT), April, 2010 (vignette of the xps
package)

which seems to do a quite serious assessment of the methods
implemented in the xps package - it includes a comparison of
Affymetrix's MAS5.0 implementation with that of the xps package and
the affy package.

/Henrik