[BioC] Reg: Different clustering methods available for affy data

Antti Honkela antti.honkela at tkk.fi
Wed Apr 14 10:28:57 CEST 2010

On Apr 14, 2010, at 04:27 , Rohit Farmer wrote:

Hi Rohit,

> I just wanted to know what are the different cluster methods available
> in bioconductor apart from K-means and hierarchical clustering and
> what are the libraries can be used for the same purpose .... I am
> using affymetrix data

You may want to try 'pumaClust' from the 'puma' package.

It requires a different pre-processing using 'mmgmos' from the same
package to also extract uncertainty information from the arrays, but
the resulting extra power can be really useful in some situations.

Antti

--
Antti Honkela
Antti.Honkela at tkk.fi   -   http://www.cis.hut.fi/ahonkela/