[BioC] Reg: Different clustering methods available for affy data

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 11:53:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Rohit Farmer <rohit.farmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone ...
>
> I just wanted to know what are the different cluster methods available
> in bioconductor apart from K-means and hierarchical clustering and
> what are the libraries can be used for the same purpose .... I am
> using affymetrix data

Hi, Rohit.

This is a question that you can answer better yourself than we can.
To find out what is available on your system (installed), try:

help.search('clustering')

If that isn't satisfying, try:

RSiteSearch('clustering',restrict='functions',matchesPerPage=100)

This list will include functions in packages perhaps not even
installed locally.  You can then install and test as you see fit.  The
vast majority of these clustering methods are not specific to gene
expression data.

Sean