[BioC] comparison of two sets of developmental study

Mon Apr 19 23:06:55 CEST 2010

Hi Yan,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Yan Zhou <Yan.Zhou at fccc.edu> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Thank you for your suggestions. For my developmental data, the time between
> each stage are not measureable. I do know the sequence of development, but
> don't know the time it takes to go from stage 1 to 2, or 2 to 3 and so on.
> Can I still treat it like time course data?

Honestly I'm not real familiar with time-course analysis/literature,
or these packages.

In working with some timecourse data in the past, I was looking at
differentially expressed genes between each time point compared with
time-0.

I'm not saying that's the correct thing to do, but if you want to do
that, you can do it with limma and an appropriate contrasts matrix.

Perhaps others can comment who have more experience with these analyses.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou