[BioC] Import files from Applied Biosystems 7900HT?

Brian Diggs diggsb at ohsu.edu
Thu Apr 22 23:20:38 CEST 2010

On 4/22/2010 2:08 PM, Michael Muratet wrote:

>>> Thank you for the information, Heidi and Mike, especially given how
>>> vague I was. The data is from Taqman Low Density Arrays and is qPCR
>>> data.
>>>
>>> I am not doing the runs myself, though I have access to the person who
>>> is. We are still working out details in workflow. The files I have
>>> been getting thus far are, I think, SDS files. They have a .txt
>>> extension, but the first few lines are:
>>>
>>> SDS 2.3 AQ Results 1.0
>>> Filename TLDA-M10-21T_ALL cDNA042110
>>> PlateID
>>> Assay Type Absolute Quantification
>>> Run DateTime 4/21/10 1:28:40 PM
>>>
>>> I don't have a copy of the RQ manager software myself, but I know it is
>>> on the computer running the machine. I'll see about getting a copy of
>>> it for myself or getting some time to do the conversion on the original
>>> computer and see about importing the data using HTqPCR::readCtData then.
>>>
>> Hello Brian,
>>
>> ExpressionSet objects (and the packages that use them) are specifically
>> designed for microarray data. So if you have qPCR data you're better of
>> using HTqPCR or some other package designed for qPCR.
>>
>> It looks like you have standard SDS format. In that case you don't
>> need to
>> do any conversions to read the data into HTqPCR. If you have the latest
>> version, 1.1.4, there's a parameter called "SDS" in readCtData. If you
>> set
>> that to TRUE it should work.
> Hi guys
>
> I would check and make sure you have a Ct column in the data. Some SDS
> export settings will produce it (i.e., the plate-centric view) and some
> won't in favor of ddCt and RQ. The header data shows up in them all.
>
> Mike

My files do have a Ct column, so that is promising.  I had seen the SDS
flag in readCtData, but it did not work even with that.  However, I now
realize that I have version 1.0 of HTqPCR, probably because I am still
on (the as of today no longer current) R 2.10.1 and Bioconductor 2.5.
I'm going to wait for the new R 2.11.0 binaries to propagate to my local
mirror and for the release of Bioconductor 2.6 (which I understand
happens a few days after a release of R) so that I don't have switch to
the development versions just to get the latest HTqPCR.

I'll see if I can import the data directly without any further
manipulations after the update.  Thank you both for your help.