[BioC] HTqPCR rbind() function

Michael Muratet mmuratet at hudsonalpha.org
Fri Apr 23 21:04:15 CEST 2010

Greetings

I have just upgraded R to 2.11, Bioconductor to 2.6 and HTqPCR to 1.2.

I am working with data from mouse miRNA experiments on the 7900HT
using what I believe are stock ABI cards. Each experimental treatment
consists of two distinct cards and there are four treatments for a
total of four pairs. There are 4 common controls on each member of the
pair (MammU6) but they are otherwise unique. All of the features on
the first card are unique (except for the MammU6 control) and the
second card has a couple of hundred features in duplicate and a four
or so controls repeated four times.

What would be the best way to create the qPCRset object? I have tried
to concatenate the files by hand and read them in with read.delim and
create the qPCRset object by hand. I have tried
readCtData(...,SDS=TRUE,sample=c("sample_label")) and combined the two
qPCRset objects with rbind() and four samples with cbind(). I have
tried to read all the samples in one file. At some point, each one of
these approaches fails in the downstream processing. Before I start
posting error messages, I thought I would see if anyone has any
recommendations.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks

Mike