[BioC] heatplot() 1. red-*black*-green palette, 2.suppress drawing of the row dendrogram (but NOT row reordering)

Karl Brand k.brand at erasmusmc.nl
Fri Aug 6 17:55:03 CEST 2010

Esteemed BioC Users,

Could some one help me obtain the garden variety microarray heatmap
"red-*black*-green" palette in heatplot()? Using-

lowcol="green", highcol="red"

-has no black transition between red and green.

Since its based on heatmap.2, i thought i could achieve this by passing
the following argument to heatplot():

cols.default=FASLE #to suppress default color palette
col = c(redgreen(256))

but get the error-

 > Error in heatmap.2(data, Colv = Colv, Rowv = Rowv, col = plotcols,
scale = scale,  :
 >  formal argument "col" matched by multiple actual arguments

I'd also like to suppress drawing of the row dendrogram (but NOT the
reordering or rows), but again the heatmap.2 argument to do this-

dendrogram = "column" #draw only column dendrograms

returned-

 > Error in heatmap.2(data, Colv = Colv, Rowv = Rowv, col = plotcols,
scale = scale,  :
 >  formal argument "dendrogram" matched by multiple actual arguments

With thanks in advance, cheers,

Karl

--
Karl Brand <k.brand at erasmusmc.nl>