[BioC] entrez gene to genome coordinates

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 6 18:34:48 CEST 2010

Hi Guarav,

It might be overkill, but you could also use the GenomicFeatures package
to get similar information in a different (GRanges) form.  This
information could come from whatever UCSC Genome browser track you
specified BUT: you would have to be careful to choose a track that used
Entrez Gene IDs as the gene accessions.

So for example this would get you the mouse data:

library(GenomicFeatures)
txdb2 <- makeTranscriptDbFromUCSC(genome="mm9", tablename="knownGene")
result = exonsBy(txdb2,by="gene")
head(result)

  Marc