[BioC] Problem with bnlearn and Rgraphviz

hcong at cs.usm.my hcong at cs.usm.my
Tue Aug 10 10:12:57 CEST 2010

Dear Bioconductors,

Very sorry for posting this problem. I am a new user to R and Bioconductor
but I have problem loading the Rgraphviz package while exploring the
bnlearn package in R. I have downloaded and installed graphviz-2.20.3.1
and also graphviz-2.20.3 but still have the error message and problem
below. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you.

Ong
Penang, Malaysia.

This application has failed to start because libcdt-4.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem

R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
Copyright (C) 2010 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

> library(bnlearn)
Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Rgraphviz', details:
  call: value[[3L]](cond)
  error: unable to load shared library
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-211~1.1/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.

  Check that (1) graphviz is installed on your system; (2) the
  installed version of graphviz matches '2.20.3'; this is the version used
to build this Rgraphviz package; (3) graphviz is accessible to R, e.g.,
the path to the graphviz 'bin' directory is in the system 'PATH'
variable.  See additional instructions in the 'README' file of the
Rgraphviz 'source' distribution, available at

  http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/Rgraphviz.html

  Ask further questions on the Bioconductor mailing list

  http://bioconductor.org/docs/mailList.html

Package Rgraphviz not loaded.
Package lattice loaded successfully.

Attaching package: 'bnlearn'

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:graph':

    nodes

believed to be clean.