[BioC] Problems Installing EBImage on Windows XP

vwalter at email.unc.edu vwalter at email.unc.edu
Mon Aug 16 19:26:57 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to install EBImage on a Windows XP machine, but when I type

library("EBImage")

I get a pop-up window that has the following error message:  This
application has failed to start because libgdk-win-2.0-0.dll was not
found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

The sessionInfo() and traceback() are as follows:

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31) i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252   [3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
                        [5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] abind_1.1-0
> traceback()
2: stop(gettextf("package/namespace load failed for '%s'", package),
    call. = FALSE, domain = NA)
1: library("EBImage")

I've already downloaded and installed the GTK and ImageMagick, and I've
verified that both applications work.  Any thoughts would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Vonn