[BioC] xps: root.profile on a asubset of the data

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 17:35:30 CEST 2010

Hi Christian,

I tried that, but it kicked up an error and only plotted one boxplot.
It was like "treename" could only take one parameter.  Maybe I was doing
something wrong.  I will have another go.

Dan

On 20/08/2010 4:06 PM, cstrato wrote:
> Dear Daniel,
>
> You can simply use parameter "treename" to plot only a subset of trees,
> see "?root.profile".
>
> Best regards
> Christian
> _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._
> C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a
> V.i.e.n.n.a           A.u.s.t.r.i.a
> e.m.a.i.l:        cstrato at aon.at
> _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._
>

> On 8/20/10 4:47 PM, Daniel Brewer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am using xps to do some quality control on an Affymetrix exon array
>> experiment I am looking at.  I am trying to use the ROOT graphics to
>> plot density boxplots of the raw intensities (using root.profile).  The
>> problem is that there is too many arrays to look reasonable on one plot.
>>   Is there a way to split up the dataset into smaller pieces and plot
>> them?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
MUCRC
15 Cotswold Road
Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 20 8722 4109

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}