[BioC] xps: root.profile on a asubset of the data

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Sun Aug 22 19:49:21 CEST 2010

Dear Daniel,

Sorry my mistake again!
After looking at my source code I realized that currently it is not
possible to use a subset of trees only. Thus I have just uploaded to
Bioconductor a new version "xps_1.8.3" which should solve the problem,
and will be available within the next 1-2 days. You should now be able
to use parameter "treename" to plot only a subset of trees.

Please let me know if the new version solves your problem.
Especially I am interested to know how many treenames you can pass to
function root.profile() since there could be a limit on the number of
characters you can pass to the root macro.

Since you mention that there are too many arrays to look reasonable on
one plot, you could also change parameter "w" from the default "w=800"
to e.g. "w=4000", especially if you save the plot by setting e.g.
"save.as='png'".

Best regards
Christian