[BioC] Heatmap with 7120x500 array

Gaston Fiore gaston.fiore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 21:39:37 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to produce a heat map that clusters 7120 genes into 6 groups based on 500 conditions. I'm using kmeans and then image, but I've two problems. The first one is that kmeans sometimes doesn't converge even with 10 restarts, and the second one is that the image produced is basically all read (I'm using the standard color scheme), not to mention it's size is massive and very hard to deal with. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could accomplish this task efficiently, or is this data just too big to cluster?

Thanks a lot,

-Gaston