[BioC] Installing problems of Flow Cytometry on Ubuntu

Josef Spidlen jspidlen at bccrc.ca
Mon Feb 8 19:00:28 CET 2010

Hi Philipp,

You can get devel versions of R at
ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/. I believe the idea has always
been that BioC devel (i.e., 2.6) works with R devel; iFlow is in BioC
2.6 so that should work.

However, iFlow may not necessarily need the latest R. I haven't tried
the latest version but I have been playing with iFlow back in 2009 using
R 2.9 or so. You can install iFlow from sources from the SVN repository
(https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks) user
readonly, password readonly. To install it, run the R CMD INSTALL <path
to your iFlow>. The only pain with this approach is that you will have
to manually resolve all the dependencies. Good luck.

Cheers,
Josef

--
Josef Spidlen, Ph.D.