[BioC] (no subject)

Heidi Dvinge heidi at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 10:04:57 CET 2010

Hi Leila,

this isn't an error as such - R is doing exactly what you're asking it to
do. With gsub, you're currently searching for colnames containing a number
(the first "[0-9]" argument), and you're replacing those with nothing (the
second "" argument).

Try having a look at the help pages for gsub, or send us for example the
output of colnames(dataList$data) and tell us how you want these column
names to be changed. You'll probably want to include part of your search
pattern in (), and use that for replacement with \\1.

Cheers
\Heidi