[BioC] Error messages from eBayes()(limma)

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun Jan 17 15:36:50 CET 2010

Hi Juan, James

it does seem strange that this warning should occur for such an
experimental design. I would advise to spend a bit of time on data
quality control (the arrayQualityMetrics package is a good start), just
to make sure that there are no problems such as duplicate files,
inappropriate preprocessing, etc.

Supposing that your 'intensity' object is a matrix, how does this look like?

   library("vsn")
   meanSdPlot(intensity)

   library("genefilter")
   rt = rowttests(intensity, fac=factor(TS))
   hist(rt$p.value, breaks=50)

(I couldn't test this code on your data object, so adaptations might be
needed.)

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

James W. MacDonald scripsit 01/15/2010 03:15 PM:

Best wishes
      Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Huber