[BioC] Illumina chip probe sequences

Groot, Philip de philip.degroot at wur.nl
Wed Jul 28 12:30:18 CEST 2010

Hello all,

No, probe libraries for Illumina are not available. They should not be because you can export the probe sequences in beadstudio. Exporting those is really helpful in properly analysing illumina arrays in the lumi package!

Probe sequences can be found on the Illumina annotation files on their website:
http://www.illumina.com/support/annotation_files.ilmn

Note that the lumi function "addNuID2lumi" contains the option "annotationFile=" that should point to the proper annotation file as listed above. This way, it is possible to obtain NuIDs because the probe sequences are available.

I hope that this information helps a bit.

Regards,

Dr. Philip de Groot Ph.D.
Bioinformatics Researcher

Wageningen University / TIFN
Nutrigenomics Consortium
Nutrition, Metabolism & Genomics Group
Division of Human Nutrition
PO Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen
Visiting Address: Erfelijkheidsleer: De Valk, Building 304
Dreijenweg 2, 6703 HA  Wageningen
Room: 0052a
T: +31-317-485786
F: +31-317-483342