[BioC] Issue with limma and normalization of Agilent data generated with a 20-bit scan

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Mar 14 00:39:27 CET 2010

Dear Peter,

You can't send attachments to the Bioconductor mailing list, so I have not
seen your plots.  However I am not aware of any issue such as you
describe.  The limma function normalizeWithinArrays includes all spots in
the normalization, regardless of how large the A-value is.  You haven't
shown us any code, or any problem we can reproduce, so we can't tell
whether or not you're doing something wrong.  We don't know whether you're
using probe weights, whether you've filtered control spots, etc etc.

Best wishes
Gordon