[BioC] Problems with Downloading packages

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 17:50:02 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Abbhirami Rajagopal
<abbhirami at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to R and bioconductor, I have been trying to download the packages
> for flow cytometry data analysis
>
> Below is the error message I got- I had to reinstall R a few times before I
> got to this stage. The installation seemed to have work fine but I still
> cannot get the package- please HELP
>
> Regds
> Abi
>
> * installing *source* package ‘flowCore’ ...
> ** libs
> ** arch - i386
> sh: make: command not found
> ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘flowCore’

Hi, Abi.

This says that there was an error trying to install the package.  It
looks like you are on a Mac and trying to install a source package.
Do you have Xcode installed, as the error also suggests that "make"
was not found on your system.

As an aside, it is always a good idea to include the output of
sessionInfo() when reporting problems to the list.

Sean