[BioC] Job: Bioinformatics Data Analyst in Vienna, Austria

Ido M. Tamir tamir at imp.univie.ac.at
Fri Mar 19 09:47:41 CET 2010

IMBA and IMP are basic research institutes that conduct biomedical research
and are funded by Boehringer Ingelheim and the Austrian Academy of Science.
For our Bioinformatics support unit, we are seeking a highly motivated,
full-time

Bioinformatics Data Analyst (m/f)

You will work in close collaboration with research groups and the in-house
Genomics department to analyse Next-Gen-Sequencing datasets, including
Chip-Seq and RNA-Seq data. The data analyst will also closely cooperate with
bioinformaticians who are experienced in the field and have established a
working environment for addressing similar tasks.

Successful applicants must hold an academic degree in Bioinformatics,
Biostatistics or related disciplines, and have experience in genomic
high-throughput data analysis. A sound statistical knowledge and programming
skills in a statistical language such as R/Bioconductor are essential.

In order to work independently and to develop own small routines, familiarity
with a scripting language, like Perl, with SQL based relational-databases and
with UNIX like operating systems will be beneficial. Candidates should have a
strong interest in Life Sciences, willingness and ability to take project
responsibilities and acquire project specific knowledge, as well as capacity
for teamwork and flexibility.

We offer a young, dynamic, curiosity driven research environment and
competitive salaries. Our employees are from 31 different nations, English is
our working language.

The position is limited to a term of 2 years.

We are looking forward to your application by 30 April, 2010 at the latest.

IMBA - Institute of Molecular Biotechnology GmbH
Human Resources, Mag. Sabine Steurer
Dr. Bohr-Gasse 3
1030 Vienna
AUSTRIA