[BioC] BiomaRt query

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Tue Mar 23 09:25:12 CET 2010

Patrick

have you checked the sequence of the probe A_51_P227502 and aligned
(e.g. 'blasted') it against the genome? One possible explanation for
what you see is that (with current genome build and annotation) Ensembl
might no longer link this probe to a mouse gene.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

De Boever Patrick ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I did a biomaRt query with the most recent package and R2.10.
> Although my query involves 3 Agilent (mouse) probes, I get results for 2 probes. This is consistent, also with other probes?
> The code is pasted below.
> Can anybody give support on this trivial question.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick
>

>> AgiIDs<- c("A_51_P227502","A_52_P330395","A_51_P183051")
>> Agilent<-getGene(AgiIDs, type = 'agilent_wholegenome', mart=ensembl)
>> Agilent
>   agilent_wholegenome mgi_symbol                                                                                                          description
> 1        A_51_P183051       Upb1                                                      ureidopropionase, beta Gene [Source:MGI Symbol;Acc:MGI:2143535]
> 2        A_52_P330395      Farp1 FERM, RhoGEF (Arhgef) and pleckstrin domain protein 1 (chondrocyte-derived) Gene [Source:MGI Symbol;Acc:MGI:2446173]
>   chromosome_name band strand start_position end_position    ensembl_gene_id
> 1              10   C1      1       74869656     74904424 ENSMUSG00000033427
> 2              14   E5      1      121434422    121682966 ENSMUSG00000025555
>

> Patrick De Boever, PhD, MSc
> Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO)
> Unit Environmental Risk and Health, Toxicology group
> Industriezone Vlasmeer 7, 2400 Mol, Belgium
> Tel.   + 32 14 33 51 45
> Fax.  + 32 14 58 05 23
> patrick.deboever at vito.be<mailto:patrick.deboever at vito.be>
>
> Visit our website: www.vito.be/english<http://www.vito.be/english>
>

> Uniting expertise from different fields of technology in a pleasant and stimulating environment enhances innovation and  the development of novel methods for sustainable production.
> Have a look at the international congress 'Innovation for Sustainable Production 2010'
> April, 18-21, 2010 - Bruges (Belgium)
> http://www.i-sup2010.org
> ---
> This e-mail, any attachments and the information it contains are confidential and meant only for the use of the addressee(s) only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the addressee(s) is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any part of its contents) or take any action in reliance on it.  In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender immediately.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the e-mail from any computer.
> [...]

Best wishes
      Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Huber