[BioC] 64-bit R

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Mar 22 22:11:16 CET 2010

On 03/22/2010 12:28 PM, Jin, Jp wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I would want to install R/bioconductor to my 64-bit machine with
> Windows 7 installed. When are the 64-bit R build and bioconductor
> available? will R 2.11 are Bio C 2.6  work with Windows 7?

Hi --

32 bit R / Bioc installs on 64-bit windows 7.

There is a 64-bit Windows R-devel; follow the 'windows64' link from a
CRAN 'R binaries' page, e.g., at http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/. There may
be 64-bit Bioconductor packages in the next release but that is not
certain. You will still be able to build your own 64-bit packages,
although I am not exactly clear on details about the compiler required
and availability of an appropriate Windows build tool chain.

Martin