[BioC] 64-bit R - problem with affxparser

Michael Imbeault michael.imbeault at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 22 23:59:08 CET 2010

Hi,

A toolchain to build bioC packages from source under R win 64 bit is
available at http://download.cos.name/incoming/Rtools64.zip  (see
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2010-January/056280.html for the
original post by Gong Yu).

However, some packages don't build/compile correctly, notably affxparser
(see the liverpool build / check for affxparser at
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.6/bioc-LATEST/).

This blocks the build of the aroma.affymetrix package under R win 64
(among others) as it depends on it - could we find the source of this
problem (I cc'd Dr. Hansen, the maintainer of the package)? This is a
problem for many users right now
(http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/browse_thread/thread/1c01fdd3b243d3ec/5160fa633ea399a4?lnk=raot#5160fa633ea399a4).

See
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.6/bioc-LATEST/affxparser/liverpool-checksrc.html
for a detailed view of the install.out log.

Regards,
Michael