[BioC] 64-bit R - problem with affxparser

Michael Imbeault michael.imbeault at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 23 08:57:18 CET 2010

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion about the two issues, I was under the impression
that the build servers I linked to were the 64 bit version, my bad :)

I only became aware of the affxparser on 64 bit problem yesterday, and
stumbled upon the aroma.affymetrix group. Having not seen a post about
it on the bioC list, I took the opportunity to post (and cc you). I'll
try tomorrow to build 1.19.6 (I don't remember which build I tried to
compile with mingw64).

Regarding the instability of the keychain, do you happen to have a link
where I could download the latest (semi) official version? There's a lot
of uncertainty about this following various conversations on the web.

Last, thanks for taking time to tackle this problem, and don't worry, I
know that R 64 bit under Windows is kind of bleeding edge (and bioC
running on it even more so) so I don't expect an overnight solution :)

Cheers,
Michael

>>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.6/bioc-LATEST/affxparser/liverpool-checksrc.html