[BioC] Heatmap: row labels & dendogram

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 22:51:27 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Daniela <danieladna at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ups, sorry...
>
> Nevertheless, do you know how I can do this plot but keep the key?
> I can only plot my heatmap if I set key=F...can I maybe move it to the right or
> to the bottom instead of leaving it totally out?

Hi, Daniela.

When you are having problems, it is best to include a reproducible
example, the output of sessionInfo(), as well as relevant error
messages.  Also, you'll benefit from carefully reading the
documentation for each function that you are using.  The code below
produces a heatmap with 104 rows, readable row and column names, a
key, and no dendrogram, as an example.

Sean

> x = matrix(rnorm(1040),nrow=104)
> pdf('junk.pdf',height=11,width=8)
> heatmap.2(x,dendrogram='none',trace='none')
> dev.off()
null device
          1
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.0 Under development (unstable) (2009-11-13 r50424)
i386-apple-darwin10.2.0

locale:
[1] en_US/en_US/C/C/en_US/en_US

attached base packages:
[1] grid      stats     graphics  grDevices datasets  utils     methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] gplots_2.7.4   caTools_1.10   bitops_1.0-4.1 gdata_2.6.1    gtools_2.6.1