[BioC] Illumina annotation

Katie kt70 at le.ac.uk
Tue May 4 12:00:54 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am currently trying to annotate my Illumina microarray. I am not familiar
with bioconductor and I am therefore relying on vignettes for help. I am
trying to use lumiHumanAll.db to annotate my data but I can't get it to work.
If I follow the examples in the pdf I can get a couple of genes printed out
but I need to annotate the entire dataset. When I used GEO datasets with affy
package I was able to get the annotation and then merge that with the GEO data
and save a new file which contained both the GEO dataset and annotation. Is
there a script that will do that for illumina data? I really need any help
that anyone can give me. I am by no means a bioinformatician.

Thanks for your help.

Katie