[BioC] help: limma and changing gene results!

Koen Marien koen.marien at ugent.be
Tue May 11 22:50:34 CEST 2010

Dear

Is this also the reason why there is a difference in the (differentially
expressed) gene lists of a-(b+c+d) and venny(a-b,a-c,a-d)?

a-(b+c+d): 				putting the b, c and d values in one
group (b+c+d) and using limma
venny(a-b,a-c,a-d): 		using limma on the separate groups and
create a list by looking at the intersection of de venn diagram of the three

					'sublists' a-b, a-c, a-d

Thanks a lot

Koen Marien
student bioscience engineering: cell and gene biotechnology
University of Ghent, Belgium