[BioC] Reading .bpmap files for homemade tiling arrays

Larry Singh larryns at pcbi.upenn.edu
Tue May 18 02:33:12 CEST 2010

Patrick Schorderet <patrick.schorderet at ...> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to normalize some ChIP-chip data using rMAT and to do so,
> you have to feed your .bpmap to the program (the file contains
> information relating to the design of the Affymetrix tiling arrays).
> Unfortunately, I get an error saying I am working with doubles instead
> of the wanted integer. I have not changed the .bpmap file at all and I
> can make no sense of it because have nothing to open it properly. I
> guess it might be due to the customized array we are using. The sizes
> might be different?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Patrick

[ ... deleted ]

Patrick,

I had a similar problem, and after some debugging I discovered that you must
enter a valid groupName when calling BPMAPCelParser.  You can get a list of the
group names in the bpmap file by just looking at bpmapA$GroupName.  I'm not
sure this will solve your problem but perhaps it will.

Hope this helps,
-Larry.