[BioC] Reading .bpmap files for homemade tiling arrays

Noah Dowell noahd at ucla.edu
Tue May 18 18:44:22 CEST 2010

Hello Patrick,

I don't know what your setup is but when I am dealing with unknown files then the simple Unix command:

head <filename>

in a terminal window (or Unix interpreter) will give me the top ten lines of the file and then I can figure out what columns I need.
I thought I used that on some bpmap files a while back but maybe I am misremembering.

Also the Ringo and Starr packages have a function to read bpmap files which you could you to read in and then explore the file...

best,

noah