[BioC] XPS: scheme file repository and other news

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Mon May 24 23:55:00 CEST 2010

Dear all,

Some time ago Steve Shen has kindly mentioned that he will try to set up
a centralized repository for xps scheme files, see:
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2010-March/032131.html

We (Steve and I) are now happy to announce the availability of an
initial scheme file repository at:
http://microarray.bu.edu/~sshen/xps/

This repository contains the scheme files based on the most recent
Affymetrix annotation files, i.e. "na30". At the moment scheme files for
the mostly used Affymetrix expression arrays, whole genome arrays, exon
arrays, and plate arrays are available for download. If you want to have
access to further scheme files please let me know.

Regarding xps, the new release version contains some new functions,
especially the possibility to compute a FIRMA score for exon arrays,
which is based on Purdom, E. et al.(2008), Bioinformatics 24(15):1707-1714.

Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a
V.i.e.n.n.a           A.u.s.t.r.i.a