[BioC] Reading in data with HTqPCR

Heidi Dvinge heidi at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 28 20:13:51 CEST 2010

On 28 May 2010, at 16:01, deepak roshan wrote:

> sir,
>
>  I have 99 sample and they are tumor and normal but when i give
> command to read the raw data it is reading only 6 sample and for >
> show(raw) the out put is 6 samples. is this package is limited for
> 6 sample if we can change the sample how it has to be done i tried
> using > n.sample <- 99 ot was not working the detail of the session
> in here...

You haven't actually read in any data in the example you provide
below. data(qPCRraw) will load the qPCRset object called qPCRraw,
which is an example dataset that comes with the HTqPCR package.  head
(read.delim(file.path(path, "files.txt"))) is simply included to show
you what's in the "files.txt" file - note that you only /display/ the
content, you don't actually assign it to anything in R as you would
do with "<-", using e.g.:
 > file.info <- read.delim(file.path(path, "files.txt"))
See the help pages ?head and ?read.delim if you're not sure about
what the functions actually do.

In order to read in your own data, you need the function readCtData
(and the parameter n.data). Examples of how to use the function are
provided in ?readCtData and the HTqPCR vignette.

HTH
\Heidi