[BioC] Affy chip annotation changes

Mark Cowley m.cowley at garvan.org.au
Mon Nov 1 22:18:06 CET 2010

Hi Yuan,
what does 244194_at map to in the annotation csv file from netaffx? There may be some discrepancy between the netaffx search engine & the netaffx csv files.

in these situations, I like to convince myself that affy's doing the right thing. Like Jim said, you could investigate further using various R tools listed below, or, if you haven't used those tools before, then for about 10 minutes work, you can align the 25mer probes for each probeset (which you can get from netaffx) to the genome using BLAT at the UCSC genome browser. This will tell you whether the probes will target ADAM22 or not.

HTH
Mark