[BioC] how to plot corr between two tissues/dendrograms

abosco at email.arizona.edu abosco at email.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 2 00:35:10 CET 2010

Dear list,

I have some microarray data in which gene expression was profiled in two
different tissues, collected at the same time from the same subjects.

I would like to use hierarchical clustering initially to cluster the gene
expression patterns separately for each tissue.

Then I would like to correlate gene expression traits between the two tissues,
and plot the two cluster dendrograms together with links representing the
between tissue correlations of the clustered genes in a single plot (see
hypothetical example in the attached powerpoint slide).

The problem is that I do not know how to go about plotting this in R.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Best regards,

Anthony Bosco