[BioC] Background correction with just a few spots

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Nov 10 22:37:35 CET 2010

Dear January:

	The function neqc in limma package uses intensities from negative control probes to perform a normexp background correction, followed by quantile normalization and log2 transformation. For the details of this method, please see the paper:

http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2010/10/06/nar.gkq871.abstract

	In brief, this method fits a normal+exponential convolution model to the data but use the negative control probe intensities to estimate the mean and standard deviation of background intensities.

	Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Wei