[BioC] Analysing expression with tiling arrays

Edwin Groot edwin.groot at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Sep 10 11:12:48 CEST 2010

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:30:11 +0200
 January Weiner <january.weiner at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have two tiling arrays of a bacterial genome. Unfortunately, I do
> not have the original files (like the bpmap / cel files for Affy
> tiling chips), just lists of spot intensities in two conditions for
> each probe (i.e. two values for each probe), and a list of gene
> positions on the genome. Several probes map on a each gene. The
> genome
> is not publicly available yet.

Hello January,
If the tiling array is from Affymetrix, the bpmap files exist. To start
with you should track them down because they give the necessary
annotation and position information.
I am assuming you want to measure RNA translation using this tiling
array platform. That should be a fairly trivial analysis once you get
the data into an Expression Set object.
Is the data from GEO???

Edwin