[BioC] Querying clustering in heatmap.2

Elizabeth Ashley elizabeth.ashley at linacre.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 13:59:19 CEST 2010

Hi

I have used heatmap.2 to create a heatmap of my data. It automatically clusters the data and I can't identify which part of the text does this. However I am quite happy to have the clustering (of GO categories) but would like to be able to query the groupings to find insights into how it is clustered. Are these clusters named, and if so can you find out which ones bring back significant data? Below is the script I am using.

GO<-read.delim("file.txt",header=TRUE)
GO
GO[,-c(1)]
row.names(GO)<-GO$NAMES
source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("ALL")
library("Ringo")
GO_matrix<-data.matrix(GO[,-c(1)])
source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("limma")
library(limma)
library(gplots)
heatmap.2(GO_matrix,col=redgreen(256),
margins=c(5,10),xlab="DATASET",ylab="GO TERM",
key=TRUE,keysize=1,symkey=FALSE,density.info="none",
trace="none",cexCol=0.5,cexRow=0.1)

Thanks for any help you can provide with this matter

Lizzy