[BioC] Using DESeq or EdgeR for Exon Differential Expression Analysis

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Fri Apr 1 00:59:54 CEST 2011

There should not be a problem as long as you have read counts for
each exon.  The main issue is that you have little power if the
number of reads for a feature is small.  So you will need high
coverage.  You might want to use a normalization method such as the
quantile method in edgeR, as I am not sure the others have been
tested for this type of data.  (

--Naomi