[BioC] Grofit script

Brinsmade, Shaun R. Shaun.Brinsmade at tufts.edu
Sun Apr 3 21:30:12 CEST 2011

Dear all,
I am trying to use Grofit to automate bacterial growth curve data processing. Specifically, I wish to input experimental data (either manually recorded using flasks and an off-line spectrophotometer, or high-throughput in microtitre plate format and plate reader) and derive only growth rate / doubling time using the modified Gompertz equation (I don't need a dose-response curve). I have been trying to assemble the data in excel as comma-separated values. Does anyone have enough experience with this package to tutor this naïve scientist? I am new to R and am having a hard time coming up with a script to perform this task. I would welcome any skeleton script that I could modify, or if anyone is willing to teach me the necessary nuts and bolts. Lately I have been manually calculating growth rate and doubling time, but this is rather tedious.

Thanks,
Shaun