[BioC] DESeq - non-differential expression

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Thu Apr 14 14:05:53 CEST 2011

Dear Christophe

if you think about a set of possible worlds that are indexed by the
parameter epsilon, and for which qi(A)=qi(B)+epsilon is true, then it
would be difficult to construct a test that keeps its type I error
(probability of false rejection) for all (nulls) epsilon!=0 but has any
power for the (alternative) epsilon=0.

Absence of evidence is obviously not the same as evidence of absence,
but I think using the failure to reject the null hypothesis qi(A)=qi(B)
as an absence of evidence for differential expression -as you suggest-
is one of the better things you can do here.

	Wolfgang