[BioC] problem installing affyPLMpackage

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Apr 20 23:31:10 CEST 2011

Matthew and Vince,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Vincent Carey
<stvjc at channing.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I can confirm that the binary was unavailable now for R 2.12.1, using windows 7.
>
> However, I was able to build and install from source on windows 7,
> using the current Rtools for windows.  So that is one possible
> workaround until the binary is available again.
>
> Note that current R is 2.13; with that version, biocLite installation
> succeeded on windows 7.
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Matthew McCormack
> <mccormack at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> I am getting the following error message when I try to install the
>> affyPLM package:
>>
>> Using R version 2.12.1, biocinstall version 2.7.6.
>> Installing Bioconductor version 2.7 packages:
>> [1] "affyPLM"
>> Please wait...
>>
>> Installing package(s) into 'C:\Users\matthew\Documents/R/win-library/2.12'
>> (as 'lib' is unspecified)
>> Warning message:
>> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>>   package 'affyPLM' is not available
>>
>>   I am using 64-bit R (v. 2.12.1) on Windows7.

There is now a dual-arch binary of affyPLM for R 2.12 (Bioconductor 2.7).
If you install as follows:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("affyPLM")

I can confirm that it will work.

As Vince points out, upgrading to R 2.13 is another option.

Dan