[BioC] 'gpls' package, principle component loadings

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:45:17 CEST 2011

Hi Ignatius,

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Ignatius Pang <ignatius.pang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using the 'gpls' package, and would like to obtain the loadings for the
> 1st and 2nd principle components. It will be useful to update the package in

  I don't believe that those components are referred to as principle
components, loadings
or something like that is, I believe, the more common term.

> such a way so that it can provide these loadings, for the function
> 'glpls1a'. Would someone please help me update the package? I suggesting a
> simple change to the function, so that it returns the internal variable 'W',
> which is likely to contain the loadings. Would someone please let me know if
> it is correct? Thank you in advance.

   I don't know if it is correct - you can look at W when running the
function (use R's function debug)
and once you are sure you know what you would like to have returned I
would be happy to modify
the package.

  best wishes
    Robert