[BioC] R: problem with the KEGGSOAP package

Lapointe, David David.Lapointe at umassmed.edu
Tue Aug 9 15:40:08 CEST 2011

I wondered about this. At the bottom of the announcement link, Minoru adds:

"Thank you for your immediate responses to this plea. I would like to emphasize that the KEGG web services, including the KEGG API, will be unaffected by the new mechanism to be introduced on July 1, 2011. Our policy for the use of the KEGG web site will remain unchanged. The only change will be to FTP access. We have already introduced a "Download KGML" link for the KGML files that used to be available only by FTP, and will continue to improve the functionality of KEGG API. I would be very grateful if you could consider obtaining a KEGG FTP subscription as your contribution to the KEGG project."

So does KEGGSOAP not use the API?

David