[BioC] getBM returns error

Wasco Wruck wasco.wruck at charite.de
Wed Aug 10 14:16:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am getting an error for a biomaRt getBM() call which used to work
before. Has something changed in getBM() or the corresponding web
services - or might there be firewall problems? I have the environment
variable http_proxy set and other commands through the firewall, e.g.
package installations work. Also getting the same information from
biomart via wget and a xml query works through http_proxy. Here is the
output:

 > library("biomaRt")
 > mart = useMart("ensembl", dataset = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
Checking attributes ... ok
Checking filters ... ok
 > o=getBM(c("ensembl_gene_id", "ensembl_transcript_id",
"illumina_humanwg_6_v2"), mart=mart)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      V1
1 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html><head> <meta
http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>FEHLER: Die angeforderte URL konnte nicht gefunden werden</title>
2
Stylesheet for Squid Error pages
3
Adapted from design by Free CSS Templates
4
http://www.freecsstemplates.org
5
Released for free under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License
6
*/
Fehler in getBM(c("ensembl_gene_id", "ensembl_transcript_id",
"illumina_humanwg_6_v2"),  :
   The query to the BioMart webservice returned an invalid result: the
number of columns in the result table does not equal the number of
attributes in the query. Please report this to the mailing list.

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.0 (2010-04-22)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
  [3] LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=de_DE.UTF-8
  [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=de_DE.UTF-8
  [7] LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] biomaRt_2.4.0

[1] RCurl_1.4-1 XML_2.8-1