[BioC] lumi package, nuIDs and Agilent, Affymetrix

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Aug 10 18:36:10 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Andreas Heider
<aheider at trm.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> Dear mailing list,
> I would like to use nuIDs for Affymetrix and Agilent probes. Is there a way
> to accomplish this? What would I have to do to get a nuID mapping of
> Affymetrix and Agilent probes?

Hi, Andreas.

You would need the actual nucleotide sequences and the seq2id()
function in the lumi package.  However, I'm not sure how useful that
will be to you since annotation packages are typically based on
platform identifiers, so you would need to build your own annotation
packages to support the annotation Pan has built into lumi.

Sean