[BioC] Rsubread package not available? Warning resolved

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at upf.edu
Thu Dec 8 11:41:25 CET 2011

Dear Wei,

i think you might consider the following three reasons why it would be
interesting to have Rsubread available in Mac OS X systems:

1. i've used Rsubread to teach my students about mapping reads without
leaving the R console by using a small sample of reads (e.g. 1e5, 1e6),
if eventually one makes a teaching course where students come with
laptops, a significant fraction of them come now with mac. this could
apply to all the BioC courses that take place throughout the world :)

2. apple not only sells laptops but also high-performance computing
solutions. those users would also benefit of having Rsubread running in
Mac OS X.

3. Mac OS X runs on top of a unix system, so it should not be all too
difficult to have and maintain ANSI C code running in both, a linux and
a Mac OS X system.

cheers,
robert.