[BioC] repost: installation of Rsamtools

Thu Dec 29 15:46:33 CET 2011

Hi Cornelia,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Cornelia Vesely [guest]
<guest at bioconductor.org> wrote:

> I got a new PC running on ubuntu and tried to install the Rsamtools
> package.
> got the following error:
>> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>> biocLite("Rsamtools")
>  Warning message:
>   In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :        package ´Rsamtools´ is not available
>
> does that mean that this package is not available for my linux
> distribution??

By the looks of your sessionInfo, it seems you need to get yourself a
new version of R to accompany your new PC ;-)

You are running R-2.10.x and we're up to R-2.14.1 ... I'm pretty sure
Rsamtools wasn't released for R-2.10, which explains why it's not
available to you via biocLite.

You can install the latest R for ubuntu pretty easily (assuming you
have admin/root access) by following the instructions here:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

HTH,
-steve

--