[BioC] problems connecting to Biomart today?

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 14:42:58 CET 2011

Quoting Rhoda Kinsella <rhoda at ebi.ac.uk>:

> Hi Jose
> I should also have mentioned in my previous email that if you are
> having difficulties doing other queries, this may be a server issue
> at www.biomart.org and you should try running your query against
> www.ensembl.org marts by setting host=www.ensembl.org.
> I hope that helps,
> Regards
> Rhoda

Hi again Rhoda,

using the www.ensembl.org as host does allow me to do the queries I
needed. Thank you.

To clarify, if anybody else was on the same boat as I:

library(biomaRt)
ensembl=useMart("ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL", host="www.ensembl.org")
dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl"
ensembl=useDataset(dataset, mart=ensembl)
attributes1=attributes1=c("entrezgene",
              "go_cellular_component_id",
              "go_cellular_component__dm_name_1006")
obj=c(949, 3576)
getBM(attributes=attributes1, filters="entrezgene", values=obj, mart=ensembl)

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6507095

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.