[BioC] Can't reproduce assessment data included in affycomp package

Rafael Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Fri Jul 8 08:36:53 CEST 2011

Philippe,

Thanks for catching this. And sorry it took so long to reply. We have
been busy fixing the problem. Here is what happened: In 2004 we made a
change to one of the assessment functions. Specifically, the
definition of low, medium and high strate changed for the fold change
assessments. Unfortunately we did not rerun the assessment functions
on the rma and MAS results to fix the pre-computed assessment included
in the package. This is why you couldn't reproduce it. The website
also had a few entries that were run with the old functions. We have
now re-run the current assessment on everything and changed the
precomputed assessments in the package.

http://affycomp.jhsph.edu

is updated. You can see the old ones here:
http://affycomp.jhsph.edu/AFFY2/TABLES.hgu/0.html

Fortunately, things don't change much.

The affycomp package now contains all the new assessments. Those that
have been comparing  a method to the rma or MAS 5.0 precomputed
assessment should re-run the comparison.

Sorry for any trouble this caused.

Best wishes,
Rafael