[BioC] DNAcopy segment() Infinite Loop

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Thu Jun 23 07:00:08 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have some data that I'm segmenting with DNAcopy and the processing enters an infinite loop when it gets to chr13. It's worked for me previously on other datasets, so this could be one of those problems that is hard to track down because it only happens on a certain dataset. But I am hopeful that the maintainer might have the intuition and experience to uncover the cause of it.

Here is a minimal and reproducible example :

library(DNAcopy)
download.file("http://129.94.136.7/file_dump/dario/CNobjects.RData", "./CNobjects.RData") # 3.2 MB
load("CNobjects.RData") # objects 'cn' and 'wts'
segment(cn, weights = wts, verbose = 3)

My session is :

R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] DNAcopy_1.26.0

[1] tools_2.13.0