[BioC] DNAcopy segment() Infinite Loop

SeshanV at mskcc.org SeshanV at mskcc.org
Mon Jun 27 17:06:14 CEST 2011

There is something weird in your data set. Of the 154005 values there are
137109 unique ones. Oddly there are 16335 that have the same value.

> table(table(cn$Fold.Change))

     1      2      3      4      5      9  16335
135779    883     31      3      1      1      1

Those 16335 repeated values give several contiguous stretches of duplicated
values, some very long (a stretch of 921 at the start of chr13), which are
bypassing various sanity checks in the code.

Venkat

--
Venkatraman E. Seshan, Ph.D. | Attending Biostatistician
Director of Biostatistics Computer-Intensive Support Services

     communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
     computer.